EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SAND CREEK REGIONAL GREENWAY PARTNERSHIP
The Executive Director of the Sand Creek Regional Greenway Partnership (SCRGP) shall be responsible for all management, fundraising, and administrative tasks associated with the 501(c) (3) non-profit corporation. The primary purpose of the position is to coordinate with the three partner cities – Denver, Aurora and Commerce City- to carry out the directives of the Board of Directors to fulfill the mission, goals, and objectives of the SCRGP.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director are further defined as follows (percentages of total job responsibilities are indicated in parenthesis):
Fundraising (60%): Raise monies to complete the SCRG trail and parks and other improvements in the Sand Creek Regional Greenway Master Plan and raise funds to maintain the SCRGP and to implement programs of the Partnership.
- Develop and implement plan for achieving fundraising goals identified in the Strategic Plan;
- Research and identify potential new funding sources both public and private;
- Plan and administer annual capital corporate- and individual-directed campaigns;
- Identify new opportunities and prepare grant applications for operations, programs and capital projects;
- Develop, plan, and carry out one to two fundraising special events per year;
- Administer all grants and other funding mechanisms to ensure compliance with contracts, agreements, and other requirements as applicable;
- Maintain and upgrade database for all donors and funder contacts and all fundraising financial information;
- Develop and implement procedures for recognition of major donors and funders as outlined in policies developed by the cities’ representatives and Board of Directors; and
- Explore strategies for long-term/sustained operational and program support.
Board and Staff Management and General Administration (30%): Establish a strong base for the SCRGP programs and Board of Directors.
- Implement the Strategic Plan in cooperation with the partner cities’ representatives and Board of Directors to include fundraising, operational and programmatic goals and objectives reflecting the SCRGP mission;
- Implement the annual work plan of specific tasks and strategies for carrying out the goals of the Strategic Plan; and
- Complete all necessary documentation and filings to maintain the Corporation’s 501-(c) (3) status.
- Coordinate SCRGP Board of Directors, including meetings, financial and strategic plan updates, minutes and other board responsibilities;
- Oversee all day to day operations of the SCRG office and manage SCRGP Next Generations Partners staff, office staff, and interns/volunteers;
- Work with Board of Directors to maintain up-to-date bylaws and policies and procedures manual;
- Prepare an annual report and work plan for SCRG financial and programmatic activities; and
- Oversee financial paperwork for tax and auditing purposes, develop annual budget, and review monthly financial transactions.
Public Relations, Outreach and Education (10%): Develop and implement programs and activities that enhance the visibility and multi-faceted functions of the Greenway and promote its associated projects.
Please email resume to (no telephone calls please):
Katherine A. Kramer